Evgeniy Petrachkov is a photographer based between Moscow and Izhevsk. He was born in Izhevsk, Russia in 1991.
A self-taught photographer, he started documenting his surroundings when he was 17 years old. In 2015 he finished his first long-term project Malinikha about the working-class area in Izhevsk where he grew up.
Since 2016 Evgeniy self-publishes zines with his work. His zines Malinikha, Unemployment Certificate, Sunday Blues, Deprivation and others study the relationship between places and people inhabiting them.
In 2017 Evgeniy started working on his second long-term project documenting the Volga Federal District, a leader in agriculture and oil and gas refining in Russia, that is suffering the biggest migration loss in the country due to economic crisis.
From 2018 to 2020 Evgeniy worked on project Transit. In this long-term project he explored the urban environment of Moscow to find past, present and future changes, and bring out and understand the development path for the state and society.
Using an immersive approach in his projects, Evgeniy studies the nature of social inequality, issues of identity, including issues arising under the globalization, and the relationship between the past and the present.
- 2016 When I Appear: Curator vs Photographer, FotoDepartament, Saint Petersburg
- 2016 From White to Black Sea,Museum of the World Ocean, Kaliningrad
- 2014 Russian Street Photography Festival, Fotodoc, Moscow
- 2013 From White to Black Sea. Nord, Gallery of Classic Photography, Moscow
- 2013 Russian Street Photography Festival, Fotodoc, Moscow
- 2020 Parade, zine, co-published with Votyak Press
- 2019 Pride of the neighbourhood, zine, co-published with Samopal Books
- 2019 In Moscow #2, Zine, self-published
- 2018 Sunday Blues, zine, self-published
- 2018 Interiors, zine, self-published
- 2018 Searching for amber, zine, self-published
- 2018 In Moscow #1, zine, self-published
- 2018 Unemployment certificate, zine, self-published
- 2017 Swamp, Jet Lag #62, zine, published by Lendroit Edition
- 2017 Umyot Roadhouses, book, self-published
- 2017 Sunrise, zine, co-published with Samopal Books
- 2017 No bullsh*t, zine, co-published with adidas Originals and Samopal Books
- 2016 Deprivation, zine, co-published with Samopal Books
- 2016 There will be a title here, group book , FotoDepartament
- 2016 Malinikha. Pride of the neighbourhood, zine, self-published
Lensculture, De Standaard, Algemeen Dagblad, OpenRussia, Colta, Liberty.su